Need help filing for a Temporary Restraining Order or preparing for a Final Restraining Order Hearing?
Check out these Self Help Videos produced by Legal Services of New Jersey on their YouTube Channel.
Click on the link below to be brought to the videos:
Domestic Violence, by Legal Services of New Jersey
Want to apply for compensation through the New Jersey Victims of Crime Compensation Office?
If you are a victim of a crime in New Jersey, you may be eligible to apply for compensation from the New Jersey Victims of Crime Compensation office.
Go to: http://www.nj.gov/oag/njvictims/index.html and click on “Start Your Application Here”!
We can support you through the court process
and help ensure your safety and rights are protected.
For more information, please call 973-247-8490 and ask
for the Court Advocate.
Our Court Advocate can:
- Inform you of your rights as a survivor of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Assist you in applying for a temporary restraining order.
- Answer any questions regarding temporary and final restraining orders.
- Act as a liaison between you and law enforcement, court staff, attorneys, etc. (with your permission).
- Offer court preparation and accompaniment for temporary and final restraining order hearings.
- Provide follow-up support through the confusing, and often overwhelming, legal system.
- Assist you in other court matters regarding your domestic violence or sexual assault case.